We're Hiring: Production Associate
We’re looking for a high-energy, part-time Production Associate to support our operations and enhance our fast-growing team. This position is responsible for ensuring that our product is produced, packaged and stored thoroughly, efficiently, and safely. As a Production Associate, you will work alongside the womxn in our employment training program, contributing to our supportive work environment and modeling our core values in the production of nut butters.
About Us: Ground Up PDX is a small-batch nut butter company that employs women overcoming adversity to provide them with job skills and training to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Coconut Cardamom. Our products are sold in New Seasons, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and other PNW retailers.
Type of Position: Non-exempt, hourly
Hours: 16-24 hours / week, Tuesday and Wednesday, 8am-5pm
*Third day depending on needs of the business*
Location: 657 SE Yamhill St., Portland OR, 97214
Pay: $16.25 /hr
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Assistant Operations Manager and the production team (6-8 people) on production days to ensure goals are met in nut butter production
- Assist in all aspects of the production process from filling and lidding jars, labeling, mixing and tamper-sealing jars, dishwashing and cleaning
- Learn to assemble and operate kitchen machinery including mixing machine, filling machine and labeling machine
- Train new members of the team on machinery and processes
- Organize and move products from the warehouse to the kitchen
- Maintain efficiency, quality standards and adherence to health and safety protocol while working in the kitchen
- Be a leader and role model for womxn in the training program
Warehouse Support - Ad Hoc Tasks - Optional additional hours
- Assist in packing pallets and fulfilling online orders
- Assist in 4oz tampering, making flights and other product offerings
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Able to work in an environment containing tree nuts, and other allergens. (Note: We are a peanut free facility)
- Cheerful and positive attitude
- Demonstrated strong attendance in prior roles
- Adaptable and willing to take on new roles
- Continuously required to work on your feet for 8 hours with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift, frequent wrist twists and lift 25lbs
- Must be able to continuously work with your arms, hands and wrists; grasping and squeezing at a rapid pace for the entirety of your shift
TO APPLY: Send your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.