RECIPE: Grain-Free Banana Bread Skillet with Chunky Almond, Coconut & Cashew Butter
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 25 min
Yields: 1 skillet
- 1 cup of mashed banana (~2 ripe medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted to a liquid (melting in the microwave is fine!)
- 1/3 cup Ground Up Chunky Almond, Coconut & Cashew nut butter
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut sugar (if you like yours sweeter, but we found it to be perfectly sweet just using bananas!)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (can never go wrong with those)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cast-iron skillet with coconut oil - can also use a pie dish!
- Add mashed banana, coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup (if using), eggs and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl and mix with hand mixer.
- Add in almond flour, baking soda and mix again,
- Fold in dark chocolate and add to greased skillet (if using),
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and bake in oven for 20 minutes,
- *Will stay good for 5 days or you can freeze for longer!