We're Hiring: Digital Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to grow our online sales, direct our brand marketing, and communicate with our community of customers and brand ambassadors! This role is perfect for someone who loves food, is passionate about ecommerce and digital marketing, and who is excited about the idea of working at a company surrounded by womxn on a mission.
Ground Up PDX is a small-batch nut butter company that employs women overcoming adversity to provide them with job skills and training to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Coconut Cardamom. Our products are sold in over 500 retailers, including New Seasons, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and other PNW retailers and smaller boutique stores across the country.
Ground Up is at a pivotal stage in our growth journey. We’re a fast-growing social enterprise that is entering new markets, growing our team and gaining national exposure—and we’re looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to help take us to that next level. As our Digital Marketing Manager, you will report directly to our co-founder and will be responsible for managing all things ecommerce and customer-facing at Ground Up HQ. From driving sales via our online channels to managing all aspects of our communication and brand strategy, this individual must be a supreme multi-tasker who thrives in a dynamic environment.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) role based in Portland, Oregon. You’ll be working alongside a passionate team of womxn in our SE Portland office / warehouse space!
- Ecommerce sales growth
- Responsible for hitting sales goals across our online channels including our website and Amazon, overseeing both revenue and profitability
- Oversee ecommerce roadmap and budget, identifying opportunities to increase conversion and create a better user experience
- Manage Shopify website, making content and product data updates as needed
- Identify new growth opportunities for eCommerce
- Work closely with the fulfillment team on product launches and to ensure orders are filled accurate and timely
- Work closely with the operations team to manage online inventory and forecasting
- Track against KPIs and use Google Analytics to pull data and inform decision-making
- Oversee brand strategy
- Drive traffic to the site through PR, SEO, paid advertising, etc.
- Own the marketing calendar, including promotions, product launches, newsletters, giveaways and more
- Manage and grow our email newsletter list, as well as create weekly email newsletters for our list
- Drive customer loyalty and retention
- Stay in the know about emerging trends and what’s going on in the food, ecommerce and social impact spaces
- Develop and manage partnerships with brands and influencers
- Manage content and communication across all social media platforms
- Content creation
- Create content for our monthly seasonal flavor launches, as well as any other product launches, partnerships or marketing initiatives
- Manage blog and website content
- Design marketing materials, email newsletters, social media graphics, etc.
- Handle simple product photography and video content creation
- Oversee recipe development, photo shoots and any other outsourced content
- Community management
- Responsible for customer care, ensuring customers’ issues are resolved in a timely manner and that they have a positive experience with Ground Up
- Oversee our brand ambassador program (Butterbassadors), including email communication, affiliate set-up, team calls, payouts and program metrics
- Directly manage contractors including part-time customer care associate, ad hoc recipe developer and summer intern
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3 years of experience in ecommerce and marketing, ideally with experience scaling a CPG business online
- Has experience with Shopify, Klaviyo, Google Analytics + Canva (or Adobe)
- Has in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital marketing, email marketing, and social media strategies
- Has an eye for design and brand aesthetic, as well as basic graphic design skills
- Has previous photography experience (nice to have)
- Has prior management experience
- Is passionate about social justice, empowering women and creating a more equitable food system
- Is an excellent communicator, both written and verbally
- Has a positive attitude
- Is a creative problem solver
- Is detail-oriented and organized
Benefits + Pay:
- Salaried (exempt), DOE
- Quarterly commission bonus based on online sales
- Paid Holidays + Sick Time
- Health Care Reimbursement + PTO available after 90 days
Commitment: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Ideal Start Date: August 15, 2022
Location: 657 SE Yamhill St. Portland, OR 97214. Flexibility to work remote 1-2 days per week.
To Apply: Send along a resume, cover letter and portfolio sample (e.g. blog posts, social media writing, email content, web content, landing pages, communications materials, Instagram feed) to email@example.com by July 30, 2022. (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.)
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.