Thank you for visiting the website of Ground Up PDX. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
Ground Up PDX will not collect any personal information about you except when specifically and knowingly provided by you. Examples of such information are name, shipping and billing addresses, email address, phone number, and credit card information. Examples of ways in which we may collect such information from you include the following:
- Order Information: When registering for an account or placing an order, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing addresses, email address, phone number, and credit card number. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and this Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
- Email Addresses: Some areas of the Site allow you to enter your email address for purposes including, but not limited to: registering for Ground Up’s Email Newsletter or opening a Ground Up PDX account.
- Cookies: Like most other websites, Ground Up PDX uses cookie technology throughout this Site. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Our cookies are not “spyware.”
We do not sell or rent information about our customers and all information provided to Ground Up PDX remains absolutely confidential, except that:
- We may share aggregate or summary information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data will never identify you personally.
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company or web host) or that help us market our products and services. This information may also be shared with marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them about you for any other purpose.
- We will use your personal information to communicate with you about your orders and deliveries, and we may send you a confirmation email when you register/place an order with us. Also, if you submit your email address to register for the Ground Up PDX Newsletter or to open a Ground Up PDX account, we use it to deliver the information to you.
- We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the winner of any online sweepstakes.
Protecting Your Information
Shopping on the Site is easy, secure and worry-free. We have taken several measures to guarantee that your order and your credit card information are safe and secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the leading software available to encrypt online transactions. Your personal information including your name, credit card number and address is encrypted so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. Regardless of these efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, any information you transmit to us is sent at your own risk.
Opt Out / Corrections
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address. You can make these requests by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
Questions and Feedback
Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to email@example.com