We're Hiring: Operations Associate (Holiday Contractor)
We’re looking for an Operations Associate to join our team for the final push of the holiday season! This role is perfect for someone who is detail oriented, a team player, and who is excited about the idea of working at a company surrounded by womxn on a mission.
About Us: Ground Up PDX is a small-batch nut butter company that employs women overcoming adversity to provide them with job skills and training to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Coconut Cardamom. Our products are sold in New Seasons, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and other PNW retailers.
We are looking for someone to help us with fulfillment and production prep to get us through our busy holiday push! This role is flexible, but the ideal candidate can commit 25-40 hours per week from 12/5 to 12/23. This is a non-exempt, hourly contract position. You’ll be working alongside a passionate team of womxn in our SE Portland office / warehouse space!
- Order Fulfillment
- Receive and fulfill orders in a timely, efficient manner, ensuring they are packed with precision and care
- Pack and prepare all orders that come through our website
- Conduct quality control checks with product before packing & sending
- Warehouse Organization
- Manage inventory according to first-in-first-out standards
- Assist in warehouse storage and organization
- Pallet Packing
- Prepare and pack all pallets efficiently and without errors
- Document pallet preparation and prepare paperwork
- Other Fulfillment
- Assisting shipping team with flight making & tampering
- Support clean-up & maintaining an orderly workspace throughout the day
- Additional admin as needed
We are looking for someone who:
- Maintains a positive attitude while working independently and with a team
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Is passionate about social justice, empowering women and creating a more equitable food system
- Has a positive attitude
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Can lift 25 lbs and work on their feet for 6-8 hours per day
- Bonus if you're forklift certified already!
Benefits + Pay:
- Hourly (non-exempt), $17-19/hr, DOE
Commitment: Flexible, 25-40 hours per week (M-F only)
Contract Dates: December 5-30, 2022
Location: 657 SE Yamhill St. Portland, OR 97214
Application: Please email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com ASAP.
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.