We're Hiring: Fulfillment Associate (Seasonal)
We’re looking for two Fulfillment Associates to join our fulfillment team for the fall and holiday season! This role is perfect for someone who is detail oriented, a team player, and who is excited about the idea of working at a company surrounded by womxn on a mission.
About Us: Ground Up PDX is a small-batch nut butter company that employs women overcoming adversity to provide them with job skills and training to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Coconut Cardamom. Our products are sold in New Seasons, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and other PNW retailers.
Ground Up is at a pivotal stage in our growth journey. We’re a fast-growing social enterprise that is entering new markets, forming new distributor relationships, and growing the team. As our Fulfillment Associate, you will act as a key member of our warehouse team, supporting everything from order fulfillment to pallet packing to wholesale customer communication.
This is a full-time, hourly role based in Portland, Oregon, contracted from October to mid-December. You’ll be working alongside a passionate team of womxn in our SE Portland office / warehouse space!
- Wholesale Order Fulfillment
- Receive and fulfill orders in a timely, efficient manner based on verbal and written instructions, ensuring they are packed with precision and care
- Prepare grocery orders and deliver them to delivery hubs (a short walk from our HQ!)
- Pack and prepare all orders that come through our Orders email, as well as through Pod Foods, Amazon and other wholesale partners
- Conduct quality control checks with product before packing & sending
- Wholesale Customer Communication + Invoicing
- Create invoices in Square and send them to wholesale customers
- Respond to wholesale customer emails and inquiries through our wholesale portals (e.g. Faire, Amazon)
- Handle all administrative tasks related to grocery, wholesale and Amazon orders
- Warehouse Organization
- Manage inventory according to first-in-first-out standards
- Assist in forklifting and warehouse storage
- Pallet Packing
- Prepare and pack all pallets efficiently and without errors
- Document pallet preparation and prepare paperwork
- Freight & Logistics
- Communicate with and compare quotes from freight carriers
- Communicate with Operations Manager to schedule freight on time
- Online Shipping & Fulfilment
- Assisting shipping team with flight making & tampering
- Receive and fulfill orders in a timely, efficient manner based on verbal and written instructions
- Print & pack orders for online customers
- Support clean-up & maintaining an orderly workspace throughout the day
- Additional Wholesale Admin
We are looking for someone who:
- Maintains a positive attitude while working independently and with a team
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Is passionate about social justice, empowering women and creating a more equitable food system
- Has a positive attitude
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Can lift 25 lbs and work on their feet for 6-8 hours per day
- Bonus if you're forklift certified already!
Benefits + Pay:
- Hourly (non-exempt), $16/hr
- Paid Holidays + Sick Time
Commitment: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Contract Dates: Mid-November through Mid-December 2021
Location: 657 SE Yamhill St. Portland, OR 97214
Application: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 10, 2021.
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.