Kitchen Supervisor (Seasonal Contract) Role
We're hiring for a Kitchen Supervisor (seasonal)! Learn more about the role below.
About the position:
The Kitchen Supervisor is a seasonal employee who executes Ground Up’s nut butter production while supervising staff during our busy holiday season. This person supports the Operations Manager in reaching goals, ensures the highest quality of product, and creates efficiencies in the production process. The role entails quality assurance checks, food safety and GMP compliance, and supporting staff with all operations of the kitchen.
Type of Position: Non-Exempt, Full-time, Temporary
Schedule: Varied shifts during Ground Up operating hours. Typically weekdays between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:30 pm. (Most of the year, with the exception of September through December, Ground Up runs a four day work week)
Job Related Tasks
- Assist the Operations Manager in the supervision of a team of eight to twelve employees
- Support the production, fulfillment, and operations teams to ensure output & quality control goals are met
- Act as Manager on Duty and lead production and team
- Model efficiency and adherence to GMP and Food Safety requirements
- Cultivate positive team culture and promote an environment in which employees are engaged, empowered, and committed to the success of the company
- Meet production goals communicated by Operations Manager through staff motivation and encouragement.
- Communicate and document production goals and output performance
- Plan daily and weekly work distribution for the team
- Write and communicate team schedule weekly
- Contribute feedback and support the delivery of performance evaluations
- Stock the kitchen with product and supplies while keeping work areas organized
- Take weekly and monthly inventory of kitchen supplies and raw goods
- Take reasonable direction from supervisors
- All other duties as assigned
Safety & Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain high standards of quality and sanitation in line with Ground Up policies.
- Maintain required logs for raw material lot information
- Coach staff in the moment on safe food handling practices
- Conduct and document daily sanitation and safety inspections
- Understand and facilitate a safe work culture, ensuring compliance with all company safety/environmental and housekeeping policies
- Ensure sanitation practices and record keeping are maintained to complaint food safety regulatory requirements
- Serve as a point person for internal and third party safety audits
- Abide by OSHA regulations and help encourage safety culture
- Effective communicative in both oral and written form
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill to safely and effectively operate standard food service equipment
- Attention to detail
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Flexible and adaptable to fast paced, changing environments
- Must demonstrate problem-solving in a solutions based approach
- Able to make decisions and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Must have the capability to multi-task ongoing projects and day-to-day responsibilities
- Previous team leadership experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs & able to stand on feet for extended periods with or without reasonable accommodation.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a note of interest by September 15, 2023.