Production Assistant Job Opening
Now Hiring: Production Assistant
We're looking for a production assistant to help our Production Manager lead our growing team of womxn in the kitchen! This is a part-time role, between 20-30 hours per week, but with the potential to grow into a full-time role (or to be combined with other job responsibilities to become a full-time role).
Standard Schedule: Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:00-5:30 at a minimum. Hours expected to increase around the holidays, with the possibility of an additional production day each week.
The Production Assistant is a crucial part of Ground Up! The Production Assistant’s main role is to support the Production Manager during the full day of production on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. This includes helping the Production Manager set up the kitchen for a day of production, overseeing quality control during production, covering breaks of coworkers, and acting as Manager on Duty when the Production Manager is not on the Kitchen Floor. The Production Assistant must be motivated, a problem solver, comfortable working with a diverse team, and be willing to jump in wherever needed!
Primary Areas of Ownership + Duties:
- Production Assistant:
- Support the Production Manager and kitchen team on our production days to ensure production & quality control goals are met (currently Tuesdays + Wednesdays from 8:00-5:30; with potential for additional days)
- Help Production Manager set up for production day - including setting up the mixing machine, bringing in raw goods, organizing supplies, etc.
- Assist with production flow & overseeing team when Production Manager is not on the Kitchen Floor
- Organize and move product from the warehouse to the kitchen on production days (includes raw materials and finished goods)
- Cover kitchen crew breaks throughout the day
- Assist with mixing taste tests & quality control, including recipe adjustments
- Available to assist in all aspects of the kitchen from mixing, roasting coconut to filling jars
- Learn to operate kitchen machinery including mixing machine, filling machine and labeling machine
- Help oversee quality control through all production processes
- Maintain efficiency, quality standards, and adherence to health and safety protocol while working in the kitchen
- Must be able to lift 25lbs & able to stand on your feet for 8 hours during production days
- Warehouse Organization:
- Maintain warehouse space organization and cleanliness
- Organize unlabeled and labeled product on pallets in an intuitive way
- Help keep track of production supplies, spices and inventory in the warehouse
- Communicate with co-founders, production manager, and shipping team
If interested, please contact Kestrel Kloppenburg with your resume - email@example.com!