Social Media and Marketing Associate
We’re looking for a Social Media & Marketing Associate to drive community engagement and awareness for Ground Up through Instagram, TikTok, influencer engagement, brand partnerships and more! This role is perfect for someone who is already deeply immersed in social media, loves creating content (especially if it involves tasty food!) and is excited to take Ground Up’s platforms to the next level!
Ground Up PDX is a small-batch nut butter company that employs women overcoming adversity to provide them with job skills and training to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Coconut Cardamom. Our products are sold in Target, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and more.
- Time Commitment: Part-Time, approximately 10 hrs/week
- Schedule: Flexible, but the expectation is that you are checking in on social media (at least briefly) every day
- Location: Remote (If you’re near Portland, we’d love to have you visit / work out of our office on occasion!)
- Manager: Carolyn Cesario, Co-Founder & Marketing Director
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the Ground Up Instagram. This includes replying to all DM’s and comments, posting to stories, communicating with influencers, and creating content.
- Managing the Ground Up TikTok. This includes replying to all messages and comments, posting to the account, communicating with influencers, and creating content.
- Influencer outreach and management—create relationships with new influencers and cultivate the relationships we already have created
- Create photo and video content for us to share on social media and via email, including:
- Classic product content
- Seasonal flavor content
- Easy recipes
- Mission-oriented storytelling
- Other graphics (we use Canva for this!)
- Focus on growing our social media presence through engaging content and using data and customer insights to guide this process
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.
To Apply: Send along a resume, link to your socials and/or a portfolio, and a brief note about yourself to Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9th.