Social Media + Marketing Intern | Summer 2021
We’re looking for a motivated and hardworking intern to help us with social media and marketing this summer! As our marketing intern, your role is to drive awareness for Ground Up PDX through social media, influencer engagement, brand partnerships, PR and more. We are looking for someone who is pursuing a degree in marketing or public relations, and someone is already deeply immersed in social media and can help take Ground Up’s platforms to the next level! Our goal is also to train this individual during their time with us, ensuring that you’re given a true sense of what it’s like to work for a busy start-up and that you get exposed to all of the different parts of the business that interest you!
You would be responsible for:
- Managing social media (primarily Instagram)—replying to comments and DMs, creating content including stories and posts, etc.
- Influencer outreach and management—create relationships with new influencers and cultivate the relationships we already have created
- Create content for us to share on social media and via email, including behind-the-scenes snapshots, new product photos, and mission-oriented storytelling
- Focus on growing our social media presence through engaging content and using data and customer insights to guide this process
- Work on partnerships and giveaways with other brands
- Reach out to potential publications, journalists and podcast hosts to secure PR opportunities
- Assist Community Coordinator as needed in managing our Butterbassador (brand ambassador) program
- Work on recipe development for our blog and Instagram
- Assist with ad hoc projects (e.g. organization, occasional errands)
The nitty gritty:
- Ideally this would be a 10-week internship, starting in June and ending in August. We can be flexible on the exact dates based on your school schedule!
- The time commitment is 15-20 hours per week.
- We’re based in Portland, Oregon! We prefer that you’re local, but we won’t rule out remote candidates if the skillset is a good fit.
- This position is unpaid, but available for college credit.
- You would report directly to our Community Coordinator Sarah and Co-Founder Carolyn who currently manage our marketing.
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.
To Apply: Send along a resume + a brief note about yourself to email@example.com by April 6th. Please include relevant links to your social media, blog and/or portfolio as well.