We're Hiring: Warehouse Manager
We’re looking for an organized and efficient Warehouse Manager to keep things at Ground Up running smoothly! This role is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who is excited about the idea of working at a company surrounded by womxn on a mission.
About Us: Ground Up PDX is a small-batch nut butter company that employs women overcoming adversity to provide them with job skills and training to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Coconut Cardamom. Our products are sold in New Seasons, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and other PNW retailers.
As our Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations on the warehouse floor—from shipping to receiving to order fulfillment to forklifting. This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) role based in Portland, Oregon.
- SHIPPING + ORDER FULFILLMENT:
- Own the shipping process for Ground Up, including all orders that come in through our website, retail/grocery stores, distributors and bulk
- Oversee the shipping and wholesale team to get orders out in a timely manner
- Package and deliver grocery, wholesale and distributor orders
- Work with customer care to track down and troubleshoot any order issues
- Take on shipping-related projects and research activities as needed (E.g. how to ship glass jars better so they don’t break; meeting with other companies to learn how they ship)
- Support with printing and packing online orders as needed
- Supervise and assist in the creation of tasting flights + other bundled products
- Any packages that come into the warehouse
- Freight Incoming / Outgoing
- Forklifting (Primary forklifter)
- Weekly Forklift Maintenance + Propane Tank Refills
- Checking our warehouse calendar daily and updating it / communicating accordingly
- Receiving signed BOL + filing it
- Confirming the correct pallets are going on the right trucks
- Putting pallets away on shelving by EOD received
- Greet customers and guests who arrive at the warehouse
- TEAM OVERSIGHT:
- Manage fulfillment team members that are working on order packing and other warehouse activities
- Provide mentorship and support as needed
- Maintain consistent monthly check ins
- Lead daily warehouse huddles: Communicate company and department priorities, goal setting.
- SUPPLY & INVENTORY TRACKING
- SAFETY COMMITTEE MEMBER:
- Sending out calendar invites
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Taking meeting minutes
- WAREHOUSE ORGANIZATION:
- Prepare space for production product and receiving of product
Weekly (or bi-weekly) supply checks of shipping supplies, marketing materials, etc.
- Order all warehouse supplies
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipments
- WAREHOUSE/OFFICE CLEANLINESS: Keep office / warehouse clean and organized daily to include trash, recycling and pallet wrap disposal
- QUALITY CONTROL:
- Monitor and react to issues with products by communicating to supervisor and/or procurement as soon as possible.
- Keep track of shipping and quality issues, as reported by customer care
- Start Tracking KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the Warehouse Operations (e.g. Orders shipped per day / week / month; Breakage of jars; Customer care complaints)
- WAREHOUSE PHONE: Answering all incoming calls to the warehouse number, responding to voicemails
- LOCAL DELIVERIES: Weekly local deliveries to stores etc.
- AD HOC TASKS: Take on admin tasks / projects as assigned by manager
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a strong communicator and team player
- Has a leadership mindset, and is willing to take initiative to find resolutions
- Has 1-2 years of management experience
- Is a supreme multi-tasker—able to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Is passionate about social justice, empowering women and creating a more equitable food system
- Has a positive attitude
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Has had experience working with vulnerable populations before, and/or is familiar with diversity and inclusion practices in the workplace
- Is already forklift certified (ideal) and/or would be comfortable operating a forklift
- Can lift 25 lbs and work on their feet for 6-8 hours per day (if needed)
Benefits + Pay: Salaried $40-42k, DOE. Paid Holidays + Sick Time. Health Care Reimbursement + PTO.
Commitment: Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 657 SE Yamhill St. Portland, OR 97214
Application: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.