We're Hiring! Brand Ambassadors
Title: Ground Up Brand Ambassadors
Location: Northern (San Francisco area) & Southern California (Los Angeles area), Seattle and Portland
Compensation: $25 / hour + Commission Opportunity + Nut Butter!
Start Date: ASAP
About Ground Up PDX: Ground Up is a small-batch nut butter company on a mission to spread good by providing job skills training to women overcoming adversity. Through our 6-9 month employment training program, women gain the confidence and skills they need to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Coconut Cardamom and Cinnamon Snickerdoodle. Our products are sold in New Seasons, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and other PNW and California retailers. The Ground Up team currently consists of 23 people.
Position Description: Join the Ground Up team to drive sales for our unique and healthy nut butters that spread good. We are looking for Brand Ambassadors to represent Ground Up in Northern & Southern California, Seattle and Portland to help us reach new customers in the area. This individual will work independently sampling products and sharing our mission with new customers at in-store demos and local events/markets and will have the support and camaraderie from a team of highly motivated Brand Ambassadors.
The Brand Ambassador must be outgoing, organized, results-oriented, responsible and passionate about our mission to empower women overcoming adversity. Bonus if you enjoy nut butters! In addition, we are seeking someone who enjoys engaging with new people and are persistent. (A lot of people say “no” to sampling, so creativity is key!)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Ground Up brand at demos in grocery stores or events in your area
- Sample and sell Ground Up nut butters to potential customers
- Share the Ground Up story
- Be an ambassador for our brand and mission; we want customers to walk away with a positive experience that they can’t wait to tell their friends about!
- Check and track inventory and stock at stores/events + input into our demo/events log sheet
- Interact with grocery buyers and store clerks during store visits
- Join optional monthly calls with Ground Up’s Sales Manager + other Brand Ambassadors
- Working a demo or event includes setting up, working it in its entirety, and breaking down according to company protocol
- Must have a car / reliable transport
- Positive attitude
- Friendly and personable
- Professionalism—you will be the face of Ground Up and we expect you to handle yourself in a positive and polished manner
- Ability to stand on your feet for 4 hours consecutively
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
Commitment: 16-20 hours / month (Opportunity for additional hours if desired) Flexible scheduling, but requirement of half the hours per month on weekends.
- Seeking individuals who can commit to a minimum of six months working with us
- Each demo is 4 hours in total with set-up + take down (11-2 or 4-7 time slots)
- Various local events
Stores to Target:
- Northern California - Whole Foods Market
- Southern California - Erewhon Market
- Seattle - PCC Market, Met Market, Haggen's Market, Whole Foods Market
- Portland - Whole Foods Market, New Seasons Market
Application: Please submit a resume + note in which you share about why you would be a good fit for the role and your approach to sales: email@example.com