We're Hiring: Operations Associate
We’re looking for an Operations Associate to join our team! This role is perfect for someone who loves Excel, has a knack for organization and a supreme attention to detail, and who is excited about the idea of working at a company surrounded by womxn on a mission.
About Us: Ground Up PDX is a small-batch nut butter company that employs women overcoming adversity to provide them with job skills and training to get back on their feet. We produce peanut-free, honey-sweetened nut butters in flavors such as Cinnamon Snickerdoodle and Coconut Cardamom. Our products are sold in New Seasons, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, and other PNW retailers.
Ground Up is at a pivotal stage in our growth journey. We’re a fast-growing social enterprise that is entering new markets, forming new distributor relationships, and growing the team—and we’re looking for an Operations Associate to help take us to that next level. As Operations Associate, you will be involved in the day-to-day operations at Ground Up HQ. This is a unique opportunity to get experience at a fast-growing food start-up; you’ll gain hands-on experience in every area of the business from production to fulfillment to strategic planning. This role is a combination of hands-on work and computer work. The ideal candidate should love to keep things organized, thrive on efficiency, and be eager to learn.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) role based in Portland, Oregon. You’ll be working alongside a passionate team of womxn in our SE Portland office / warehouse space!
- FORECASTING + PLANNING
- Work with the Production Manager on inventory planning and forecasting to ensure we are appropriately stocked to meet sales orders
- Order raw materials; manage contracts and pricing
- Communicate with our suppliers and maintain supplier relationships
- Manage and forecast inventory of raw ingredients based on production plan
- Communicate with our warehouse team to ensure pallets of raw materials are received, brought down and put away for each production day
- Find suppliers for new ingredients and assist with seasonal flavor sourcing and planning
- Manage accounts receivable, following up with accounts that are delinquent in their payments
- Manage distributor relationships and pricing discrepancies
- Work on pricing models for new wholesale accounts
- Maintain accurate COGS
- WAREHOUSE ORGANIZATION
- Manage production supplies, spices and raw materials inventory in the warehouse
- Help to maintain warehouse space organization and cleanliness
- Provide forklift support as needed
- PRODUCTION SUPPORT
- Assist our Production Manager and kitchen crew as needed, jumping in on production days when additional support is needed
- Assist with order fulfillment, including prepping pallets and packing orders
- Help to manage our corporate gifting orders during the busy holiday season
- AD HOC PROJECTS
- Other product / ad hoc projects that arise
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field
- Has a supreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Is a problem solver
- Is well-versed in Excel / Google Sheets
- Has a positive attitude and is eager to learn
- Is passionate about social justice, empowering women and creating a more equitable food system
- Can lift 25 lbs and work on their feet for 6-8 hours per day (if needed)
Benefits + Pay: $20/hr. Paid Holidays, Sick Time, Health Care Reimbursement + PTO.
Commitment: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: 657 SE Yamhill St. Portland, OR 97214
TO APPLY: Send your resume + letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.