Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Pastries
We mixed apple pie filling with our Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter and added to puff pastry- it was so AMAZING, we just had to share! It's the perfect warm treat to pair with vanilla ice cream.
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 servings):
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter
- Pre-made puff pastry dough
- 4 apples
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 3 TBSP water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP honey
- 2 TSP lemon juice
- Shred 1 apple into small strips
- In a mixing bowl add the shredded apple, flour, cinnamon, sugar, honey, and lemon juice
- Pour mixture into a pot and turn on stove to medium-low heat
- Gradually add water to thicken filling and mix frequently so the filling and sugar does not burn
- Cut pre-made puff pastry dough into squares
- Turn off heat once filling is thick and gooey
- Begin assembling. Using a spoon, place one scoop of apple pie filling in the center of the dough and top it with a dollop of Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter
- To fold the puff pastries, pinch opposite corners of the dough together
- Brush an egg wash over the pastries to seal the folds
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool
- If desired, drizzle more honey on top of the pastries.
Be the first to comment.