Cardamom Lover's Cookies
These sweetly spiced vegan cookies come to us from Sylvie Charles, founder of Just Date Syrup! Check out Sylvie's She's Empowered Spotlight on our blog to learn more about her + her incredible company.
- 1 cup Ground Up Coconut Cardamom Almond Butter
- 3/4 cup Just Date Syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped unsweetened chocolate or refined sugar free choc chips (like Hu gems or Raaka baking chocolate)
- Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Fold the dry into the wet. The batter will be a little looser than usual cookie dough. Fold in chopped chocolate last.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and for six hours if you have time!
- Roll into 8-10 balls and flatten with the palm of your hand. It's okay if the batter is wet and doesn't firm up completely. The batter spreads so I like to do 4-6 per baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Let cool completely so they don’t fall apart.