Salted Snickerdoodle Fudge Bars
This recipe comes courtesy of our friends at Raaka Chocolate! They created this simple, healthy crumb bar recipe that will get you in the fall spirit! These bars have a delicious harmony of cozy spices, and include our Snickerdoodle nut butter, as well as Raaka's Maple Dark baking chocolate and Jacobsen Salt Co's sea salt.
3/4 cup GF 1:1 flour (or regular flour)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 +2 tbsp Ground Up Snickerdoodle Nut Butter
3 tbsp maple syrup (+ an additional tablespoon if dough is too crumbly)
1/2 teaspoon Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Kosher Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup Raaka Maple Dark Baking Chocolate
3 tablespoons plant milk
1 tablespoon Ground Up Snickerdoodle Nut Butter
Generous pinch of Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Flake Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Filling: Prepare Melt all filling ingredients on low heat and whisking together all until glossy and smooth. Set aside.
- Crumble: Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add nut butter and maple syrup, stir to combine. Using your hands to form dough works best. Dough should form a slightly tacky ball.
- Split dough roughly in half, with one half slightly larger than the other.
- Take your larger half and press into a small parchment lined baking dish/loaf pan. (We used 7x4.5 and 8.5x4.5 pans)
- Spread filling evenly overtop crumble base.
- Crumble second half of the dough overtop the filling, evenly. Slightly press crumbles into filling to ensure they’re will stay put.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotate pan and bake for another 5-10 minutes until crumble topping feels dry to the tough, and starts to turn golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle with flake salt and let cool in pan before slicing. Makes 6 2-inch bars.