Sales + Marketing Intern | Summer 2022
We’re looking for a motivated and hardworking intern to help us with sales this summer! As our sales intern, your role is to grow our presence by securing new accounts and communicating with current accounts. Our goal is also to train this individual during their time with us, ensuring that you’re given a true sense of what it’s like to work for a busy start-up and that you get exposed to all of the different parts of the business that interest you!
You would be responsible for:
- Pursuing and generating new wholesale accounts through cold calling, emailing and store visits
- Check in on grocery store accounts to report on shelf placement and product availability, and connect with store buyers
- Pull sales reports and analyze data to drive sales decision-making
- Paid opportunity to work at events and markets throughout the summer *Must be available the 4th Sat + 2nd Sun, June-Aug*
- Assist with ad hoc projects (e.g. organization, occasional errands)
The nitty gritty:
- Ideally this would be a 10-week internship, starting in June and ending in August. We can be flexible on the exact dates based on your school schedule!
- The time commitment is at least 15-20 hours per week
- We’re based in Portland, Oregon, and we prefer someone who is local. We would also be open to someone based in Seattle or San Francisco, since we have key accounts based there.
- This position is unpaid, but available for college credit. Opportunity for commission is available, in addition to paid market / event opportunities
- You would report directly to our Sales Manager, Sam Wallace
At Ground Up, we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is diverse across race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective— where every employee feels supported to apply their whole self to our collective mission.
To Apply: Send along a resume + a brief note about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th.