Café de Olla Chocolate Oat Bars
This delicious recipe was created by Isabel Eats, the mastermind behind our Café de Olla nut butter! Her blog and Instagram are full of healthy and unique Mexican and Mexican-inspired recipes—we highly recommend giving her a follow!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup Café de Olla Ground Up nut butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks, roughly chopped, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of rolled oats to a food processor or blender and blend until fairly smooth so that it resembles flour.
- Transfer the oat flour to a medium bowl and add in the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the Café de Olla nut butter, applesauce, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together until fully combined.
- Add in ½ cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chunks and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chunks. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.