Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookie Bars
If you’ve ever craved a delicious oatmeal cookie in bar form, this is it! These sweet treats are full of toasty oatmeal, dark chocolate chunks and crunchy hazelnuts–thanks to our Oregon Hazelnut nut butter. We highly recommend enjoying them with your morning coffee or a cup of hot tea.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup Oregon Hazelnut nut butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk (regular or dairy-free)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Optional toppings: flaky sea salt, chopped roasted hazelnuts, extra chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 8" x 8" pan.
- In a large bowl, add melted coconut oil, nut butter and brown sugar. Mix until completely combined, then stir in egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add flour, oats, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix until just incorporated.
- Gently stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter in pan, using the back of a spoon to pack it in and spread it evenly.
- Top with flaky sea salt, chopped hazelnuts and more chocolate chunks (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. It will be done when the edges are golden brown, the top is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!