Caramel Apple Cookies
Get in the fall mood with these caramel apple cookies! With fall spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg, and our latest seasonal flavor: Caramel Apple, these certainly make for an irresistibly delicious dessert!
For the cookies:
For the cookies:
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Caramel Apple Nut Butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ½ large honeycrisp apple, chopped
For the caramel:
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and the applesauce together and set aside for 5 minutes.
- To a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Caramel Apple Nut Butter, sugar and flax mixture until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients (except the chopped apple) to the bowl and mix until well-combined. Fold in the chopped apples until the dough represents a firm, cookie-dough consistency.
- Use a 2 tbsp scoop to spoon out the dough and place on the baking tray. Use your hands to press into a cookie shape.Repeat with the remainder of the mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. In the meantime, prepare the caramel mixture by combining all the caramel ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the caramel has thickened before removing from heat.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before drizzling the caramel sauce on top.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days