Cardamom Apple Pie Baked Oats
These warmly spiced baked oats will remind you of classic apple pie... but for breakfast! This cozy recipe comes from our creative Butterbassador + foodie, Tessa DiVergilio. Check out her Instagram, @tessas_eats, for more yummy recipe inspo!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 cup Ground Up Coconut Cardamom nut butter, divided (plus extra for serving)
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chai spice, or more cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 medjool dates, chopped
- 1 1/2 apples chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a baking dish (an 8x8” or 7x9” work well).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the applesauce, maple syrup, and 2 Tbsp of the nut butter. Whisk in the milk.
- Stir in oats, oat flour, flax, baking powder, cinnamon, chai spice, and salt.
- Fold in pecans, dates, and one of the apples.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Add the remaining half apple and sprinkle on top. Drizzle the remaining 2 Tbsp of nut butter over the apples and oats.
- Bake at 375° for 40 min or until the center is set, and the top is slightly golden. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy!
- To serve, top with extra nut butter and serve with yogurt.