3 Superfood Nut Butter Recipes!
We teamed up with our friends JOYA, Wedderspoon + Sproud for an exciting giveaway! Enter on our latest Instagram post, HERE. We also are bringing you 3 delicious vegan superfood recipes using all of these incredible products!
1. Superfood Cacao Nut Butter Latte
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Sproud plant-based milk (unsweetened, original or barista)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Bliss cacao elixir blend
- 1-2 squares JOYÀ chocolate (70% Dark or Coconut Milk)
- ½ - 1 tbsp Ground Up Cinnamon Snickerdoodle or Coconut Cardamom nut butter (more nut butter makes a creamier latte)
- 1 tsp or more Wedderspoon Manuka K-factor 16 honey, to taste
- Heat milk on the stovetop (or microwave) until it comes to a simmer.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth and frothy. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy! Can be enjoyed hot or iced.
2. Superfood Cacao Nut Butter Chia Pudding
Serves: 4 snack-sized portions or 2 breakfast portions
- 1 Superfood Cacao Nut Butter Latte recipe (see recipe # 1)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- optional topping ideas: granola, berries other fruit, bee pollen, toasted coconut flakes, cacao nibs, coconut whipped cream, nut butter, toasted nuts or seed
- The night before you want to enjoy: combine chia seeds and latte in a jar or bowl and whisk together. Add honey (if using) to taste. Let mixture sit for a few minutes and whisk again to remove clumps. Repeat the sitting and whisking one more time. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat: remove chia pudding from the fridge, give it a stir and check the texture. Since the chia seeds absorb all of the liquid, if the pudding is too thick, add a little more Sproud plant-based milk (unsweetened, original or barista) until you get the perfect texture.
- To serve: top the chia pudding with any toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Make ahead: pudding can be stored covered in the fridge for 4 days.
3. Pumpkin Brownies + Milk
- ½ cup 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix), or sweet potato puree
- ½ cup Ground Up Cinnamon Snickerdoodle or Coconut Cardamom nut butter
- ¼ cup Wedderspoon Manuka K-factor 16 honey
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup JOYÀ Bliss cacao elixir blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 60 g (2 bars) JOYÀ chocolate (70% Dark or Coconut Milk), roughly chopped
- Glass of milk: Sproud plant-based milk (unsweetened, original or barista)
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper in both directions so that all surfaces of the pan are lined, leaving an overhang on all sides for easy removal.
- Add all ingredients except the chopped chocolate (if using) to the bowl of a food processor and blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. If using the chocolate, stir half into the batter and sprinkle the remainder on top. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out with only moist crumb.
Chocolate alternative: melt the chocolate, and pour over baked and cooled brownies as a glaze.
Let brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 5 days.
Pro tip: to slice the brownies into clean squares, run your knife under hot water and wipe dry in between each slice.
Be the first to comment.