Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Butter Cookies
These festive, flavorful cookies are decadent and delicious! Dipped in + drizzled with chocolate, then topped with sprinkles, these cookies will stand out at your holiday party. Plus, they can easily be made gluten-free + dairy-free. Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- 1 ½ cups flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) vegan or regular butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup Ground Up Oregon Hazelnut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick cooking or regular will work)
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, Oregon Hazelnut butter, and vanilla extract and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, add the oats.
- Once combined, gently fold in the chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and sticky. Cover and chill the dough for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons) and arrange on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the chocolate dip. In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and heat for 1 minute. Stir chocolate, and continue heating in 15 second increments until the chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Hold cookie over the bowl of chocolate and spoon chocolate over half of the cookie, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place cookie on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the desired amount of sprinkles.
- Repeat process with remaining cookies, chocolate, and sprinkles. Let cookies set completely, about 2 hours. Enjoy!