Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Muffins
We're so ready for pumpkin season! These tasty muffins are dairy-free, sweetly spiced + full of fall flavors... what more could you want?!
This recipe comes from our talented friend, Lauren! You can check out her drool-worthy recipes on her Instagram, @healthyhomebakes.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbs pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar of choice
- 1/4 heaping cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Ground Up Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
Cream Cheese/Yogurt Mix in:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup df greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs granulated sugar of choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk flours, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In another separate bowl-whisk together pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, olive oil, nut butter and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full- do not over fill them
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Add in sugar, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for about 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.