Double Chocolate Nut Butter Cookies
This delicious, chocolaty, nutty cookie recipe is adapted from Sarah Britton's Naturally Nourished. Makes 18-20 cookies.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Ground Up Chunky Almond, Coconut + Cashew butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 oz dark chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes + cacao nibs, for coating
- Flaked sea salt - we recommend Jacobsen's Pinot Noir Sea Salt! (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs + vanilla. Add nut butter of your choice and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add maple syrup, baking soda + salt. Stir to incorporate.
- Add cocoa powder + stir again.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a small plate, mix the cacao nibs with the toasted coconut flakes.
- Form approx. 1" balls of dough with the batter, then dip each ball into the plate of coconut + nibs to cover the outside.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and flatten out slightly.
- Sprinkle each cookie with flakey sea salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool a bit before enjoying.