Homemade Goo-Gone Recipe
Learn how to remove the label on your Ground Up jar! This recipe for homemade Goo-Gone is super simple and will allow you to reuse your jar in so many new ways. If you need some inspo, check out how our team creatively reuses their jars here.
Recipe adapted from Popsugar.
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 oz jar or small container for storage
- 4 oz or 12 oz Ground Up jar to apply the Goo Gone
- Combine two tablespoons vegetable oil and three tablespoons baking soda in your 4 oz jar or small sealable container.
- Mix oil and baking soda together until they create a paste (You won't need to use all of Goo Gone for removing the label and it will remain usable until it’s gone)
- Now that you have your paste created, you will need to remove the label from your jar. To remove, we recommend lifting from the edge of the label and slowly peeling off (PRO TIP: do not dishwash your jar before removing the label; this will cause the film to separate from the label, and make it a lot more difficult to remove)
- After the label is removed, you may have some adhesive left on the jar, this is where your paste comes in. Simply take a small scoop of the mixture and place it on the adhesive residue and gently rub with your fingers or rag. The mixture will gently remove the adhesive without scratching the glass.
- Wipe away with a clean rag or paper towel, rinse with soap and water, and you’re good to go! If you find any sticky residue, simply repeat steps 4 and 5. *
*Please note: Oil and baking soda may separate overtime and may require additional stirring for future use.
Be the first to comment.