Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Pancakes
These grain-free pancakes are a delicious way to start the day! While the average pancake leaves you feeling hungry two hours later, these protein-packed babies will keep you feeling satisfied for your entire morning.
Pro Tip: If you really want to treat yourself, Julie suggests adding dark chocolate chips for a truly decadent start to the day.
You can find this recipe, along with 50+ clean and simple recipes in our Nut Butter Cookbook.
Makes 10 (4-inch) pancakes
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Nut Butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or 1/8 whole nutmeg, grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, for skillet
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dairy-free coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Optional: Chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, nut butter, eggs, baking powder, salt, clove, nutmeg, allspice, almond meal, and coconut sugar.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, and add coconut oil to coat the bottom.
- When the skillet is hot, add a 1/3 cup scoop of the pancake mix. (The pancakes should be no bigger than 4 inches in diameter, or else they may fall apart when you try to flip them.)
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Flip and cook for another minute, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining 7 pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup, coconut yogurt, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.