Nut Butter "Barnies"
Someone that tried these dubbed these "barnies" which we think is the perfect way to describe this blend between a granola bar and a blondie.
She also told us that these were the best granola bars she'd ever had, and is commissioning us to bake some for an upcoming event! All of that to say: you best try these bars out stat. They're delicious, chewy, and super healthy. They're also gluten-free and vegan (aside from the honey)! They can be made with any of our nut butters, but we love it with our Coconut Cardamom!
Yields 16 bars
1 cup chopped, toasted nuts (we recommend a blend of cashews + almonds!
1¾ cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
1 cup shredded coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon ground cardamom (or cinnamon if you wanna go that route!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a 9" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut and cardamom.
- Warm the nut butter, honey, salt + almond extract in a small pot on the stove until just melted. Whisk together until smooth.
- Combine the liquid mixture into the dry mixture in the bowl. Mix together until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the parchment paper and flatten until even.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to fridge and let it sit overnight.
- Cut into bars and serve! (You can also individually wrap them and freeze for grabbing on-the-go!)