Prosciutto Wrapped Dates
These savory prosciutto wrapped dates are filled with our rich & decadent Oregon Hazelnut butter. They are an easy and delicious appetizer for any occasion. Find the recipe for these and 50+ other unique recipes using nut butter in our cookbook, Nut Butter.
12 pitted Medjool dates
1/4 cup Oregon Hazelnut butter
2 ounces prosciutto (approximately 4 slices)
12 fresh basil leaves
2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice the date open lengthwise, being sure not to cut all of the way through.
- Place a dollop of Oregon Hazelnut butter inside each, approximately 1/2 teaspoon per date.
- Sprinkle each with a bit of cayenne, and top with one fresh basil leaf.
- Slice prosciutto into 1-inch long strips. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each date, and insert a toothpick to secure.
- Place prosciutto-wrapped dates on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the prosciutto is warm and slightly crispy.
Enjoy! Find 50+ more recipes using nut butter in our cookbook, Nut Butter.