Stuffed French Toast with a Snickerdoodle Drizzle
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 egg whites or 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 tbsp dairy free strawberry cream cheese
- 1/2 banana cut into slices
Nut butter syrup drizzle:
- 6 tbsps maple syrup
- 1-4 tsp water (depending on desired consistency)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cashew Almond Butter, melted
- Dried strawberries (optional topping)
- Heat a flat skillet on medium heart and spray with nonstick cooking spray or use 1/2-1 tbsp ghee to coat the pan.
- Whisk together egg whites (or whole eggs) , nut milk, and cinnamon in a bowl large enough to dip the sourdough bread pieces into. Set aside.
- Spread 1-2 tbsps of strawberry cream cheese on one slice of bead. Cover the cream cheese with 1/2 of the banana slices and top with an additional piece of bread (like a sandwich). Repeat once more. Place one “sandwich” into the egg wash and lightly press down to make sure the bread soaks in some liquid. Let sit one minute, flip, and repeat. Place on hot skillet and dip the other “sandwich” into the egg wash. Repeat steps above and place on skillet. Let cook roughly 5 minutes on each side, or desired crispness.
- While french toast is cooking, make the cinnamon snickerdoodle syrup drizzle. Melt nut butter in a microwavable ramekin for 15 seconds. Stir in syrup and add water as needed. Consistency should be runny yet thick.
- Once french toast is done cooking, cut each slice in half, plate, and cover with cinnamon snickerdoodle syrup drizzle and dried strawberries. In my opinion, this tastes like strawberry captain crunch, enjoy!