Cardamom Banana Bread with Nut Butter Streusel
This recipe is one of our favorites! We take classic banana bread to a whole new level with a nutty Coconut Cardamom streusel twist.
If you’d prefer, you can substitute all-purpose flour for the coconut flour, and we promise you it’ll still taste great. Find this recipe, and many more sweet & savory nut butter recipes in our cookbook, Nut Butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, plus extra for the pan
- 4 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Cardamom Almond-Cashew Nut Butter, divided
- 3/8 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the bananas and mash with a fork, or use a hand mixer to incorporate.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave if it’s not already a liquid at room temperature. Add to the mixing bowl, along with the vanilla, 1/4 cup nut butter and 1/4 cup coconut sugar.
- Beat on high for two to three minutes, or mix by hand until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup oats.
- Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Make a streusel using the remaining 1/8 cup coconut sugar, 1/4 cup oats, and remaining 1/2 cup nut butter. Stir together and sprinkle over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 50 to 55 min (covered with aluminum foil) until brown, or a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.