Toasted Macadamia Nut Coffee Cake
This Coffee Cake is the perfect brunch recipe! Our buttery, flavorful Toasted Macadamia Nut Butter is swirled throughout the cake and incorporated into the sweet crumble topping. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ heaping teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ heaping teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup Toasted Macadamia with Chia + Flaxseed Butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Toasted Macadamia with Chia + Flaxseed Butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325° and grease a 9x9 pan thoroughly.
- Prepare the swirl by adding the Toasted Macadamia Nut Butter and melted butter to a small bowl – mix until well combined and set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, assemble the crumble by adding the flour, oats, salt, brown sugar, Toasted Macadamia Nut Butter. With either two forks or a hand masher, mash ingredients until a coarse crumble forms. Set aside.
- To make the cake, combine the dry cake ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a standing mixer or large bowl, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until well incorporated. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time and whip until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, mixing by hand, alternate adding greek yogurt and your dry ingredient mixture into your wet mixture until all is added and there is no visible flour.
- Pour half of the batter into the cake pan. Then, loosely drizzle the swirl mixture on top of the batter. Pour the remaining batter into the cake pan.
- Grab the crumble mixture and sprinkle over top until it is evenly spread across the cake.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes and then at 350° for another 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!