Cacao Nib Larabars
A nutty take on one of our favorite bars, these Cacao Nib “Larabars” combine our nut butter (any flavor will work!) with the bitter crunch of cacao nibs for a heavenly on-the-go snack. You can find another tasty "Larabar" recipe in our cookbook, Nut Butter!
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates (approximately 35 dates)
- 1/2 cup Ground Up nut butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup toasted cacao nibs
- Additional honey, to taste
- Combine the cashews, dates, nut butter, chia seeds, cacao powder and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until fully incorporated and a loose “dough” is formed.
- Taste and add another tablespoon of honey if you prefer it sweeter.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse quickly until just incorporated.
- Line an 8 x 8 -inch pan with wax paper. Press the dough mixture into the pan firmly.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove and slice into 2-inch bars. Store in an airtight container, or wrap individually and store in the refrigerator or freezer.