Diaspora Chilli Tahini-Cashew Sauce
This recipe comes to us from our friend Leesa Morales, founder of Purposeful Plate.
This thick, creamy sauce using Ground Up’s limited-edition Spicy Tahini-Cashew with Diaspora Chillies is bursting with flavor, and I especially love it drizzled over wild salmon with roasted veggies and quinoa. Mix and match with your favorite protein, grain, and veggie combo! You can dress it up with your favorite garnishes. Hot tip: make a double batch dip fresh sliced veggies into it whenever you need a quick, satisfying (fiber, protein, and fat-rich) snack.
Makes 1 large, or 2 small servings:
- 2 tbsp Ground Up Spicy Tahini-Cashew with Diaspora Chillies
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp fine-grain sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning, as desired.
- For a thinner, dressing-like consistency, stir in an extra tablespoon of olive oil.
Swaps & Modifications:
- Don’t have apple cider vinegar? Try lime juice.
- Don’t have the Diaspora Chili Tahini-Cashew flavor on hand? Use the Chunky Almond, Cashew & Coconut, and stir in 1/8th tsp cayenne pepper.
- Don’t have extra virgin olive oil? Try another mild-flavored oil, like sunflower or avocado.
Patricia Buino — August 21 2020
What would you put the chili spicy tahini sauce on? What else could it be used for?