No Bake Snickerdoodle Caramel Bars
These bars are simple, sweet + delicious! Just layer the ingredients, place them in the freezer, and you'll have a tasty no bake treat in no time. Another reason to love these bars: they are gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
This recipe was made in collaboration with Bob's Red Mill. We used their Super-Fine Almond Flour, which is perfect when making gluten-free baked goods.
Coconut Shortbread Crust:
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Snickerdoodle Coconut Caramel:
- 2 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Snickerdoodle nut butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dairy-free or regular dark chocolate chips (I used a mix of bittersweet + semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Extra nut butter
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the shortbread crust ingredients in this order: toasted coconut flakes, almond flour, salt, vanilla extract, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Stir ingredients with a spatula until fully incorporated. The mix will be a little crumbly, but if it is too dry, add and stir in an extra tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Press the shortbread crust onto the prepared baking dish. Use a spatula to flatten. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is freezing, make the Snickerdoodle Coconut Caramel. In a medium-sized bowl, combine nut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Remove the baking dish from the freezer and spread the caramel evenly on top. Use a spatula to smooth and flatten the caramel layer. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir frequently to prevent burning. You can also melt chocolate chips in the microwave, heating in 30 second bursts and stirring in between.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the caramel layer. Return the baking dish to the freezer for 5 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Remove the baking dish from the freezer and use the parchment paper to lift the bar.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy! If it is hard to cut the bars, run the knife under hot water to make easier to slice.
- Optional (but highly recommended!): top bars with toasted coconut flakes, flaky sea salt, extra chocolate + nut butter
Be the first to comment.