Lettuce Wraps w/ Tahini-Cashew Sauce
This recipe is fresh, light & super easy to make… the perfect summer meal. The star of this easy vegetarian dish is the Tahini-Cashew Sauce, made with limited-edition Spicy Tahini-Cashew w/Diaspora Chillies! You could also use this sauce on anything from grain bowls to noodles!
- 1 small cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas drained + rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 small head of iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Diced cherry tomatoes
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup Spicy Tahini-Cashew w/Diaspora Chillies
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp hot water to thin (you can add more if you want it thinner)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, and water. Use hands to toss chickpeas and cauliflower florets, covering them with the mixture.
- Place seasoned chickpeas and cauliflower on a baking sheet and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until cauliflower is tender and chickpeas are lightly crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While chickpeas and cauliflower are baking, whisk ingredients for Tahini-Cashew Sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To serve, place chickpea and cauliflower mixture inside a cup of iceberg lettuce. Garnish with cucumber slices, diced cherry tomatoes, feta cheese (optional) and a drizzle of Tahini-Cashew Sauce.