Matcha Latte Chickpea Ice Cream
It’s summer, and you know what that means…. ICE CREAM! This healthier version is made with chickpeas, dates to sweeten + coconut milk to add creaminess. The secret ingredient? Ground Up’s Matcha Latte nut butter! This recipe was adapted from Nourished by Caroline.
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup Ground Up Matcha Latte nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1 packet natural green food coloring, I used Color Garden (optional)
- Fresh mint for serving (optional)
- More Matcha Latte nut butter for serving (optional)
You can taste it before putting it in the freezer and add more sweetener if you'd like, as well as extra nut butter if you want it more matcha-y.
- Add all the ingredients, expect food coloring, to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a dish (I use a bread pan) and gently mix in food coloring. Freeze overnight or for at least 12-15 hours. Serve with a drizzle of Matcha Latte nut butter and a sprig of fresh mint. Enjoy!
P.S. For another incredible recipe using our Matcha Latte nut butter, check out these s’mores!