Chocolate Banana Muffins with Oregon Hazelnut Filling
OREGON HAZELNUT BUTTER FILLED 🍫 🍌 MUFFINS…need we say more!
Surprisingly simple, quick, and yummy, these muffins are perfect to spice up your yogurt bowls, take on-the-go, and serve warm with some ice cream!
Ingredients (makes 6 large muffins):
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Oregon Hazelnut Nut Butter
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F. Coat your muffin tray with some coconut oil or muffin inserts and set aside.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, then add the almond milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips and nut butter) and mix until well-combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Pour half of the batter into the muffin tray, distributing evenly between each insert. Spoon 1 tsp of the nut butter in the center of each one. Pour the remaining batter over the top, again distributing evenly between each insert.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.