Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie
Inspired by the mighty PBJ sandwich, we created this skillet cookie to mimic our favorite childhood combo. And we honestly had a lot of trouble naming this creation—it’s a cookie and a cake and a blondie all in one. It could be served at a brunch, as a dessert, or as an afternoon snack with tea or coffee. The base is a moist, cinnamon-spiced cookie cake, which is then swirled with jam for a stunning and tart contrast.
This is also delicious if you omit the jam and add chocolate chips instead! Find this recipe + over 50 others in our Nut Butter Cookbook!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cinnamon Snickerdoodle nut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted, plus extra to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup jam of your choice (we love Kelly’s Jelly Marionberry jam!)
- 1/8 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, almond extract, vanilla extract, Cinnamon Snickerdoodle nut butter, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix to incorporate.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, fine sea salt and almond flour. Mix again to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture to skillet.
- Top with jam, and use a butter knife to swirl the jam into the batter in a circular motion.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges just start to fold in.
- Slice into wedges to serve. Store slices in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Be the first to comment.