Tahini Cookie Cake
A giant chocolate chip cookie infused with the nutty, lightly sweet flavor of tahini and drizzled with even more chocolate... What more could you want?! We are currently obsessed with this recipe featuring our seasonal Coco-Crunch Tahini Cookie nut butter!
- ½ cup Coco-Crunch Tahini Cookie nut butter
- ¼ melted coconut oil + 1 tbsp
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (or use 2 flax eggs to make it vegan!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups regular or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- White sesame seeds for topping
- 1 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a 9-inch pie dish or cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the Coco-Crunch Tahini Cookie Nut Butter and melted ¼ cup of coconut oil on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix on medium-high speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be thick and a bit crumbly. Add chocolate chips and use a spoon or spatula to fold them into the dough gently.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle white sesame seeds on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden brown. Use a toothpick to test for doneness.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, put 1 tbsp of coconut oil and ½ cup chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, taking it out to stir until it is smooth. If it is not smooth enough, feel free to add more chocolate chips and continue to melt as needed.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, drizzle melted chocolate on top of the cake then sprinkle with more sesame seeds.
- Once chocolate has set, use a sharp knife to slice. Enjoy!