These Marzipan Madeleines are a fun, delicious sweet little treat! They taste just like a cupcake, a cake and a donut… all in one. Definitely our new favorite way to enjoy Marzipan with Sprinkles, our limited-edition collab with Molly Yeh!
Makes 12 madeleines
For the madeleines:
- 5 tbsp Marzipan with Sprinkles Nut Butter
- 3 tablespoons vegan or regular butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp confetti sprinkles
For the chocolate dip:
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Extra confetti sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray the madeleine pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Melt butter and Marzipan nut butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Set aside to let cool at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachment to beat together eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. Continuously beating at high speed, gradually add sugar. Keep beating at high speed for 5-7 minutes. The mixture should have increased in size and be very fluffy and pale.
- Gradually add flour to the mixture, using a spatula to gently fold it into the batter. Add the nut butter/butter mixture and confetti sprinkles into the batter. Gently fold the mixtures together, being careful not to over mix.
- Using a spoon, fill madeleine molds ¾ full of batter and slightly tilt pan so batter fills each mold evenly. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until madeleines look golden on the edges and have a little hump.
- Allow cakes to cool in pan for one minute before removing from pan and placing on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir often to ensure even melting. If it is too thick, add more coconut oil and microwave again until smooth.
- Once madeleines have cooled, dip them in the melted chocolate and immediately top with confetti sprinkles. Place on parchment lined baking tray and allow the chocolate to harden before serving. Bon appetit!